Non Destructive Testing
Conventional NDT Inspection Services
This technique involves the use of penetrating gamma or X-ray radiation to examine parts and products for imperfections. An X-ray machine or radioactive isotope is used as a source of radiation. Radiation is directed through a part and onto 8ilm or other media. The resulting shadow graph shows the internal soundness of the part. Possible imperfections are indicated as density variations in the film.
Ultrason Inspection is a non destructive testing method in which beams of high-frequency sound waves are introduced into materials for the detection of subsurface flaws in the material. The reflected beam is displayed and then analyzed to define the presence and location of flaws or discontinuities.
Magnetic Particle Inspection (MPI) is used for the detection of surface and near-surface flaws in ferromagnetic materials. A magnetic field is applied to the specimen, using a permanent magnet (or) electromagnet to detect imperfections in material, using the following yokes and prods.
> AC Yoke
> AC/DC Yoke
Apart from visual inspection this is probably the oldest and most widely used of all the NDT methods. It can be used on any non-porous material. Its use is confined to the detection of surface breaking defects.
Hardness is the resistance of a material to localized deformation. The term can apply to deformation from indentation, scratching, cutting or bending. In metals, ceramics and most polymers, the deformation considered is plastic deformation of the surface. We will provide all types of hardness measurements like
- Brinell Hardness Testing
- Rockwell Hardness Testing
- Vickers Microhardness
Ultrasonic Thickness Gauging is a widely used non-destructive testin technique for measuring the thickness of a material from one side. It is fast, reliable, and versatile, and unlike a micrometer or caliper it requires access to only one side of the test piece. It will give very accurate results in terms of micrometer and, as per client requirements we can access the painted surfaces and cladding surfaces also.
Positive Material Identification (PMI) is the identification and analysis of various metal alloys by their chemical composition through non-destructive methods.
PMI can be conducted on-site or in the laboratory. PMI helps our customers choose the right materials for their application from this vast market.
In addition to producing high quality radiographs, we are also providing Radiography Film Interpretation Services (RTFI) for clients as per their requirements, we also supply well experienced RTFI Manpower to clients. Interpretation of radiographs takes place in three basic steps:
All these steps make use of the radiographer's visual acuity. Visual acuity is the ability to resolve a spatial pattern in an image.
Advanced NDT Inspection Services
INAT provides Phased Array Ultrasonic Testing to inspect welds of process equipment, piping and structures (PAUT) offers very reliable detection and sizing capabilities along with a permanent record of ultrasonic inspection.
INAT provides Ultrasonic TOFD to inspect welds of process vessels and piping. TOFD is a reliable and fast advancing ultrasonic technique with good sizing capabilities and higher inspection speed.
INAT provides complete Heat Exchanger inspection solutions for various tube materials by following methods.
- Eddy Current Testing (ET) - for Non- Ferromagnetic Tubes.
- IRIS (Internal Rotary Inspection System)
- Any material for accurate wall thickness.
- Magnetic Flux Leakage Testing (MFLT)
- For Ferromagnetic and Fin fan Coolers Tubes.
- Remote Field Eddy current Testing (RFT)
- For Ferromagnetic Tubes.
Corrosion mapping is a technique which maps material thickness using ultrasonic techniques. Variations in material thickness due to corrosion can be identified and graphically portrayed as an image. The technique is widely used in the oil and gas industries for the in-service detection and characterization of corrosion in pipes and vessels. The data is stored on a computer and may be colour coded to show differences in thickness readings.
Mechanical & Destructive Testing
WPS , PQR & WQT Services
Supply of NDT Equipment
Authorized Rep from America Europe & China Companies
Tank Floor Scanner
- Phase Array Crawler scanner, Wheel probe/Transducer
- PAUT Chain Scanner, Cobra chain scanner, Immersible concave phase array probe Portable Handheld Probe.
- Multifunction automatic piping scanner probe for large pipes, Automatic scanner for tank probe, small piping scanner,
- Different type of Probes (Normal Beam, Protective face, High frequency delay line, Dual element, Angle Beam, TOFD, TOFD with Wedge TRL, Guide Wave, Surface Wave, Spot weld, 1T/3R steel plate inspection, Micro Angle Mean, Immersion, Aviation Special, Railroad special, Special Dual Element, Hollow shaft, High Temperature, Creeping Wave, Pen Type, high temperature)
- Different type of Housing, Different type of Connector, different type of Wedge, Calibration blocks.
- Corrosion Scanners Tools,
- Tanks Inspection Tools
- Intelligent Calibration Portable Digital Ultrasonic flaw detectors
ASNT Level I & II Training & Certification & Level III Training
Conventional NDT Training
Advanced NDT Training
NDT Level III Consulting Services
- Selection of right nondestructive testing methods and techniques suitable for the application.
- Preparation of written practices as per ASNT Recommended practice SNT-TC-1A .
- Training and certification of personnel as per employer’s written practice.
- Preparation of procedures based on International, National or In-house Codes, Standards and specifications to meet customer requirements.
- Procedure preparation for NDT methods such as Magnetic Particle Testing (MPT), Ultrasonic testing (UT),
- Liquid Penetrant Testing(PT), Radio graphic Testing, Positive Material Identification (PMI) and Hardness Testing.
- Review of procedures based on International, National or in-house Standards & Specifications